Writing a career resume objectives is something to learn and master. It explains the reason many job applicants have repeatedly missed several golden opportunities to land their dream job.
Yes, a poorly crafted resume career objective is why many banking job applicants never get an invitation for an interview. But it is sad to note that some of these applicants think they never got invited for an interview because they are simply unqualified. And that’s often not the case.
In this article, we shall look at:
what is the meaning of career objective
Banking career goals examples
Career objective for banking freshers
Skills for Banking Job
Career resume objective banking
What is a Bank Manager?
What is the Meaning of Career Objective?
The career objective is a section in the resume of nearly every job applicant. Some people call it a career summary. Many referred to this section in resume as Career resume objectives.
Now, without paying too much attention to what people call it, have you asked yourself this question: Why should someone applying for a job include it in his CV or resume? Some of the reasons job applicants should write out their career objectives in their resumes include:
- The career objective statement of job applicants proves how effective their resumes will be. And these include those applying for a job in the banking sector.
- Yes, the quality of your objective statement in a banking resume only tells how effective your resume will be in winning the hearts of your interviewers.
- It helps to express your understanding of the job descriptions and their relationship with your skill sets and career goals.
Banking Career goals examples
Possess a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Harvard University with over six years of experience in Citibank.
Diligent and shows foresight in identifying customers’ financial needs and providing solutions to meet these needs.
Good communication abilities and strong time management skills to meet the deadlines for projects that influence a company.
Responsible for creating, maintaining, and expanding business opportunities with new and existing clients and partners.
Smart, creative, and committed to providing feasible ideas to superiors that can help boost sales and customers satisfaction
Possess sound knowledge of a wide range of banking products and how to channel towards satisfying customers’ needs in any prevailing marketing trends.
Career objective for banking freshers
The banking sector is a crucial one in the economy, and its functions in great ways affect the movement of money in circulation.
And more and more people are on the quest to kick-start their careers in the banking sector. Even as others are looking for opportunities to climb up the ladder in their career path.
Based on this, we will look at some examples of career objective statements for freshers in the banking sector. Also, we’ll look at some resume career statements for a bank manager.
How to Write to banking resume objective
Just like every other job profile, there are many things you should (and expected to) include in your banking career objectives for banking jobs.
Some these things will depend on the job description and the department in the bank you are applying for.
These particular ingredients will make your curriculum vitae very strong and convincing to your employers. The following are essential elements to consider when outlining your career objectives to help increase your chance of landing your dream job:
Career Objective in Banking Sector [and its elements]
- Clearly outline your relevant skills and knowledge.
- Present yourself as someone ready to make valuable input to help your company realize its objectives.
- State value your have to input. But if you are a fresh graduate with almost no work experience, you would still have to sell yourself.
- You can do that by stating projects, internship roles, or volunteering engagements relevant to the job you are applying for.
- State the crucial skills that no employer would want to turn away their eyes. Sound communication skills, organizational skills, calculative and numerical skills, etc., are some relevant skills you may outline in a way that they are consistent with job requirement skills.
Now note that people in other sectors can use or follow the points outlined above, and they will still achieve the desired result—to win the hearts of the employer.
Every fresher must duly consider those elements stated above when writing career objectives or when those seeking a career change or progress are the same.
Skills for Banking Job include:
- Good knowledge of the basic operations in the bank
- Good communication skills
- Critical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Calculative and numerical skills. You must be someone who is not scared of figures.
- As a candidate for any banking job, you must have a good interpersonal relationship.
- Ability to work ethically
The banking sector is one of the sectors in the economy that take staff work ethics very seriously. The reason you, as a person applying for an entry-role position, should be willing to learn and practice the ethics.
Career resume objective banking
Choosing a career is not easy, just getting a high paying job in the banking sector isn’t. Remember, the items in your career will depend on the job description (and the department) you are applying for.
You may be trying to land yourself your first job, or you’re seeking to change your current work (with years of work experience). Whichever be the case, you should include relevant achievements in your resume to give you an edge.
Yes, writing achievements relevant to the job you are applying for makes you stand out. And it earns you a seat in the interview hall or room as part of the interviewees.
Note, however, that when you are writing a Bank Branch Manager Resume, you should not forget to include your work history and skills. And they must be consistent with the job description.
On this note, you’ll see examples of a Bank Branch Manager’s career resume objectives, drafted to help you create yours with ease and in less time.
What is a Bank Manager?
A Bank branch manager is a person who coordinates all the daily operations in a bank, and its overall organization. In simple terms, he ensures efficiency and maximum productivity in a bank.
Simply put, a branch bank manager ensures that functions like customer service, training of employees, and efficient allocation of resources. To bring about the attainment of a corporate goal(s).
On that ground, someone applying for this job role should clearly articulate convincing reasons in his resume stating how he will succeed at the job.
Career resume objectives for Bank Manager [with samples]
The job of a bank branch manager can be a bit daunting as writing up a compelling banking resume objective for an employer. And interestingly, your employer is not ready to give room for slackness from you.
Based on that, prospective employers pick up resumes or curriculum vitae of their applicants with intent to first read through is the career objectives section.
You see, this is the reason you want to keep it simple, clear, and straightforward. Yes, no ambiguity.
That said, maybe you want to include the company name (you are applying for a job in) in the statement as a strategy to invoke the imagination of your employer. And that it will allow them see or picture you as an ideal candidate the best candidate for the job vacancy.
Career Resume Objectives for Bank manager include:
- Analytical and high proficiency in ICT technology, with a teamwork spirit, seek employment as a branch manager at Eco Bank to help use digital solutions to enhance efficiency across different departments.
- Experienced teller seeking a branch manager position with UBA bank to advance career-wise through practical knowledge of branch operations to influence the bottom line.
- Manager with ten years of work experience in the fintech industry seeks the senior role of a bank manager to make a valuable contribution to the industry with superior selling skills and customers in expanding the satisfied client base of the company.
- Seeking a top management position as a bank manager with Titan-Trust bank to harness negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and sound know-how in keeping track of productivity, performance and cutting down expenses
- Highly productive, organized individual with over 7years experience in a bank seeks career progression opportunity with Zenith Bank as a branch manager.
Sample Bank Teller Objectives
First, who is a bank teller?
What is a bank teller?
A bank teller is an officer in the bank that identifies customers’ needs and helps process their deposits and withdrawals. Bank tellers are the first point of contact upon entering any bank. They help answer customers’ queries about the bank’s products and services.
That said, bank tellers refer customers to other staff to help them resolve their challenges or complaints. That’s for cases involving more complex transactions or specific issues,
Banking Resume objective For Tellers
- I seek a bank teller position at Campbell Finance to impact the company’s bottom line. By utilizing my sound background in accounting, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- To secure a position at Piggy Bank, where I can fully harness my communication skills and understanding of best banking practices. To help meet the needs of customers through a four-star customer satisfaction experience.
- I seek a position at a Citigroup bank to lead customers to satisfaction using my customer services and adhere to laid down work ethics of the banking industry.
- I plan to harness my valuable background as a customer service representative and numerical skills as a bank teller. In ensuring the posting of customers’ deposits and withdrawals without fear of irregularities.
- To seek a position at BMB Finance to provide the opportunity to utilize my hands-on knowledge of the banking process and 5year service in the customers’ services department. To develop and maintain an increasing base of satisfied customers.
- Effective communicator and a giver of detailed attention, seek a bank teller position in Penguin Bank to save the company losses that could arise from indebtedness and negligence.
PS: Most of the company names used in the banking resume career objectives are fictitious. They were used for the sake of explanation.